Saturday, August 22, 2009

"Do I see sheets of plastic in your future?"

If you piss me off, you'll see them. Title is from 'Dexter'.

The Day So Far
Stayed up super late to finish season 3 of 'Dexter'. Holy crap it was awesome! It inspired my dreams too, which is weird. I've never had Dexter in my dream.

I haven't eaten breakfast yet, and it's already 1:16.

News/Stuff About Celebrities and Movies/Music/TV Shows/etc.
Movie News:
Paramount pushed back the release date for 'Shutter Island'. Instead of coming out October 2nd, it's coming out in February 2010. According to a source, the following are the reasons:

"Paramount told the filmmakers it doesn’t have the financing in 2009 to spend the $50M to $60M necessary to market a big awards pic like this...among the many reasons for the move, Leo wasn’t going to be available to promote the pic internationally."

BULL. SHIT. Total bullshit. I just..I can't even believe this. This was one of the few movies I was looking forward to seeing this year, and now I won't be able to. *Sighs*

In other movie news, I finally saw the 'Avatar' trailer. Kind of left me...underwhelmed. Maybe it's because I saw the Amazing Atheist video about the trailer before I watched it, but I'm just like, "Eh..." about it. It honestly doesn't look that good. And I know it's supposed to be James Cameron's come back to movies, but...eh? He really could do a lot better than a movie about people being turned into jaguar-looking blue elves who had incorrect body proportions. But, that's just me.

Most Recent Movie(s) I've Seen At Home:

'The Shawshank Redemption', directed by Frank Darabont, and based on the short story Rita
Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption
by Stephen King. It took me forever to get around to seeing this movie, like a lot of the other movies I've seen recently, and in a way, I'm glad I waited so long. Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins were amazing in this movie. The plot was very good and the story was interesting.

Grade: A

Miscellany
Funny Picture(s) I've Found:

I was browsing on the site Stuff White People Like, and found this picture. I was...kind of stunned to see it. I didn't realise mail order brides were still around/being advertised...or maybe I'm just that naive about it, but wow.

The Song Currently Stuck In My Head:
'The Never-Ending Why' by Placebo. From their new album 'Battle For the Sun'. One of the best songs on the album.

Hot Guy Of the Day
Jackie Earle Haley. King of all Sex Gods. No other reason needed, really.

Quote of the Day
-Dakin: "Foreskins and stuff. 'Oh, sir, you devil!'"
-Scripps: "Have a heart. He's only five minutes older than we are."
-From 'The History Boys'

Anything Else I Can Think Of
Band You Should Be Listening To:

Santigold. If you like M.I.A., you will LOVE Santigold. I always feel like dancing whenever I put on her music, no matter where I am. I personally recommend the songs 'Creator' and 'Unstoppable'.

And if you're already listening to her and are confused about her name, she changed it to Santigold because of a lawsuit with an infomercial jeweller named Santo Gold.

I Want:
'Supernatural' season 4 on DVD and to see season 5 along with everyone else in the world who is a fan.

Oh, and I want Jensen Ackles in my pants. Whuuut?

A Video You Need to See:
Who doesn't need more of 'The Soup' in their lives?

No comments: