Friday, September 10, 2010

Dark Tower casting call

In the news of a Dark Tower TV series and three films coming to light, something that excites me more than is probably necessary, I thought I would take the time to show some of the people I would like to see in these roles.

Viggo Mortensen as Roland Deschain

Aside from de-aging Clint Eastwood {who basically is Roland}, Viggo is the only logical choice.


Brendan Hines as Eddie Dean

Whenever I read the books, I always always picture Brendan as Eddie.


Colin Ford as Jake Chambers

He's basically the living embodiment of Jake, and the only one I think could actually pull off that role, and do it well. If they wait too long, though, he will become too old to play Jake.


Gina Torres as Susannah Dean/Detta Walker

She is the only person I can see playing Susannah/Detta and being able to do it well. Zoe Saldana has been suggested, and while I'm not against that, I still think Gina would do a much better job.

As I'm only on book 5, and halfway through at that, I will be adding to this as more characters make their appearance/as I think of more.

No comments: