Wednesday, September 15, 2010

'M*A*S*H' recast

In my current conversation with Dean {going on now}, we got to talking about Clifton Collins Jr. and I mentioned that in 'Tigerland' he looked like Klinger and that I could see him playing Klinger if they ever re-made 'M*A*S*H' into a movie or a tv series. So, here are my picks for who I think could and in some cases HAVE to play them.

Bradley Cooper as Hawkeye Pierce. Bradley has played some assy people, and while Hawkweye is a gifted surgeon {something I think Bradley could play with aplomb}, he's a HUGE ass.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Jason Sudeikis as Trappper John McIntyre. I initially had Jason as B.J., but this photo just SCREAMS Trapper to me. Trapper is a likeable character, but like Hawkeye, he is an ass, he just has more charm to him to excuse it.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Peter Sarsgaard as B.J. Hunnicutt. I had Peter initially as Trapper, but the more I looked at him, the more I could see him as B.J. It would be nice to see him in a role that isn't creepy or dramatic, and I'd like to see his take on how B.J. deals with being apart from his wife and daughter for so long.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Kelsey Grammer as Charles Emerson Winchester III. I mean...there's no explanation needed. He IS Charles.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Clifton Collins Jr. as Maxwell Q. Klinger. I initially thought Fred Armisen was the best choice for Klinger, but I think Clifton would do a wonderful job, and would probably bring an even deeper level to the character than there already is.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Sarah Chalke as Margaret "Hot Lips" Houlihan. Sarah has the looks, and she has the shrillness of Margaret, and the subtle emotionality that's needed for the role.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Will Forte as Frank Burns. This photo of Will is an old one, but he looks so much like Larry Linville as Frank, that there's no one else I can see playing him. He's good at being a buffoon, now I'd like to see him be a hated buffoon.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

John Mahoney as Colonel Potter. Like Kelsey Grammer as Winchester, John Mahoney IS Colonel Potter.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Anton Yelchin as Walter "Radar" O'Reilly. He would make a more believable 19 year old than Gary Burghoff ever did. Plus, he still has the innocent look about him that would make him a believable Radar.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Steve Zahn as Father Mulcahy. I think he would be the perfect embodiment of the soft-spoken priest who also knows how to throw a good punch when it's needed.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Adam Goldberg as Sidney Freedman. Literally, who else could you see as Sidney?

PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments: