Tuesday, January 25, 2011

At the 200 lb mark

I’m down now from starting at 206.5 to being 200.5. Not too bad for a month, but I could probably do a lot better. Just by walking or using the exercise bike in the kitchen more, I could probably start losing at least two pounds a week.

I was sick recently and it took my appetite for a few days. I’m going to assume that helped with some of this weight loss. The trick will be keeping it off and maintaining without sickness “helping” me in that way.

I’m still eating a lot of fruits and salads; we bought oranges and I had about six in three days or so. I also made sure to still at least have salad and healthier bread products. I’ve begun snacking on saltines and animal crackers {for when I need something sweet} and will see how the oyster crackers my Dad bought taste.

Soup is going to become a big part of my diet, and I’m going to load up on juices and lemonades and teas to ensure I don’t fall off the wagon and load up on soda. If that means only bringing enough money for the tolls or even leaving my debit card in the car at work, so be it.

I’m determined to be at least 185 by March. Hopefully 172 if I can help it, but we’ll see.

One other good thing about being sick; since I ate at a fast food restaurant the night before I got sick, I’m kind of turned off by a lot of fast food. True, I had a Frosty last night, but I also had a salad, and just the salad instead of a Wendy’s meal went a long way in helping me.

-Current Weight: 200.5
-Goal Weight: 185
-Healthy food had today: 2 oranges
-Days Without Soda: 9

No comments: