Wednesday, February 8, 2012

And so it goes

Last night after my Skype date with John, I Skyped with Rebekah for a bit when she unexpectedly signed online. I also managed to finish The Girl Who Played With Fire and desperately need the last book in the trilogy.

I texted John a list of things I had written down, since he did ask, that could give him an idea of what to get me for Valentine's Day. I stressed that obviously I wasn't asking for every thing on the list, nor even the more expensive things {seasons 1 and 2 of 'Downton Abbey', would probably be considered "expensive"}, but it was just an idea. I also told him if he had no idea, he could always get me giftcards.

He is not so easy to shop for, sadly, and has no use for giftcards. I would continue getting him seasons of 'IT Crowd', but I kind of want to space them out. Maybe season 2 for his birthday in August? I told him if he made a wishlist on Amazon, he could link it to me and I could go from there. So far, the only thing he put on there was a video game. It's a start at least. And at $25, it's not even that bad.

I went to bed around 12:25 last night and slept in until a little after 10. I watched an episode of 'All in the Family' with Dad before he went to bed and then Skyped/chatted with Emmy and Ben.

I hit up the gym this afternoon...kinda had a subpar work out, too, and then got dinner at Subway. I watched the second episode of 'Boardwalk Empire'...and...despite really wanting to like it...the show is just leaving me cold. I'm not excited by it, I'm not like, "OH MY GOD MUST KEEP WATCHING!!!!" whenever an episode ends. It's...It's kind of boring, to be honest.

At least I didn't buy the series, and since I'll be returning the discs, I can start getting movies/'The Wire' again.

No comments: