Sunday, August 23, 2009

I don't know if I'll upset the status quo, if I throw poison in the water main.

But the status isn't quo! Title is from 'Dr. Horrible'.

The Day So Far
I showered and am having waffles before I go into work. My coworker texted me that a weirdo customer that we don't like may or may not be coming in. -_- All signs point to crazy, at this point.

School starts on Tuesday, and I still have to get my textbook.

Also, I uploaded the actual Dr. Horrible soundtrack my friend sent me last night. I'd been listening to the soundtrack ripped from the movie for the longest time, and this one is MUCH better, obviously. Everything is so clear and beautiful.

News/Stuff About Celebrities and Movies/Music/TV Shows/etc.
Movie You Should Be Excited About:
'9'


Directed by Shane Acker, and produced by Tim Burton, it's based on the short film, '9', created by Shane Acker, which is here:


It's really creepy, and I think it will do really well. Has a really good cast too; Elijah Wood, John C. Reilly, Crispin Glover, Jennifer Connolly, Christopher Plummer.

Celebrity News:
Edward Norton is going to be in the movie 'Iron Man 2', set for release next year. That is, if it's not pushed back, as is wont to happen *Cough* 'Shutter Island'.

I haven't seen a lot of Edward Norton in the press lately. The most recent thing I heard about him was that he was going to be playing twins in 'Leaves of Grass'.


Miscellany
Funny Picture(s) I've Found:



The Song Currently Stuck In My Head:

'Welcome Home' by Coheed and Cambria. This is the only song of theirs that I actually like, and it is the most epic. Someone called the guitar solo "the best guitar riff 1985 never had", and I believe it.

Hot Guy Of the Day
Jason Segel. Total cutie. Oh man. Check him out on 'Freaks and Geeks'. Actually, just check that show out anyway.
Quote of the Day
-Patton Oswalt: "My Mom told me if it's quiet for more than 50 minutes, goblins come out of the ground and rape you."

Anything Else I Can Think Of
Band You Should Be Listening To:
Belle & Sebastian. One of the best things to come out of Scotland recently, with the exception of Billy Boyd. If you've seen the movie 'Juno', you've heard two songs of theirs already, but I really recommend giving them a listen. 'White Collar Boy' is one of my favourite songs they've ever done, but make sure you get the albums 'Boy With the Arab Strap', 'Push Barman to Open Old Wounds' and 'The Life Pursuit'.

I Want:
The complete Bone series. Also, this is a graphic novel everyone needs to start reading yesterday. If it were an animated series, it would be bigger than 'Avatar: The Last Airbender', and that is not something to say lightly. The characters are well-rounded, and there's just enough suspense and intrigue to make you forget it's almost a kid's comic book.

A Video You Need to See:

No comments: