Friday, August 21, 2009

"That man...is a brownie hound."

I like brownies. Title is from 'The Breakfast Club'.

The Day So Far
I woke up at 12:30, put laundry in the washing machine and started watching 'The Breakfast Club' for the 3rd time. I've also had a banana for breakfast. If I had my car, I'd go out for lunch, but alas, the farthest I feel like walking is to either Main Street or to the 7-Eleven.

I had a dream I was the girlfriend of someone who looked suspiciously like Jason Segel. Mmmm.

News/Stuff About Celebrities and Movies/Music/TV Shows/etc.
Actor News:
There were rumours that Robert Downey Jr. would be playing Lestat in a new Vampire Chronicles movie. He has dismissed these rumours as being false. Honestly? I'm kind of glad. I cannot see RDJ as Lestat at all. I haven't seen 'Queen of the Damned', but I can't see Stuart Townsend as Lestat, either. As much as I dislike him as a person, Tom Cruise was a pretty good Lestat for a good adaptation of a subpar book.

And since we're on the subject of vampires, here are some people I think need to play vampires, and who would be exceptionally good at it.

-David Anders. He's pale, he's thin and he has a sinister look about him. He could be a good vampire, especially someone to have on your side.


-Matthew Goode. Think about it, you know in your heart of hearts he would make a superb vampire, and possible villain to boot. He's got the pale, thin thing going too, which is always helpful in a vampire.


-Jackie Earle Haley. Hell to the fuck yes. He'd be a pretty sexy vampire. And I'm not just saying it because just his SMILE gives me dirty thoughts. I want him in a classy vampire movie, though. Not this 'Twilight' or 'Underworld' shit.


Movie News- Mockery of the Week:
Now, just by looking at this poster, you can tell this movie will be a cinematic masterpiece. I mean, look at it! He's peeling away in a symbolic way. Not unlike a painting! WINK! How can it NOT be good?

In all seriousness, why are we continuing to make classic books into shitty movies? I can predict the rating for this movie even now on IMDB and on Rotten Tomatoes: a 6 or a 7. And if it's a 7, it'll be generous. Prince Caspian as a classic character like Dorian Gray? C'mon now.


Most Recent Movie(s) I've Seen At Home:

'Hellboy', directed by Guillermo del Toro, based on the comics by Mike Mignola. I haven't read the comics, and I've been told to watch the sequel, but I figured I should watch the first one first. I'm not that impressed, and honestly, I feel like 'Amazing Screw-On Head' was a lot better than 'Hellboy'. I know it's based on a comic, but it feels too much like it's trying to be a newer version of 'Men In Black', with demons that sound like velociraptors when they scream, and things like that, instead of aliens. It's even got an actor from 'Arrested Development' in it {Jeffrey Tambor in 'Hellboy', David Cross in 'Men In Black'}! John Hurt and David Hyde Pierce are kind of wasted in this film.

Grade: D-

Miscellany
Funny Picture(s) I've Found:
My Mom will testify to this, I can tell you right now, even though I don't think I'm THAT loud when I go up the stairs. Maybe if she kept the door closed after she went to bed, she might not be woken up by me going up the stairs.

The Song Currently Stuck In My Head:
'All Along the Watchtower' by Jimi Hendrix. Heard the Dylan version, and wasn't that impressed. Nothing can compare to that bad ass guitar solo.

Hot Guy Of the Day
Desmond Harrington. I'd seen him in 'Wrong Turn' and thought he was pretty hot, but it was solidified when I saw him in season 3 of 'Dexter' yesterday. Good god damn.


Quote of the Day
-Spike: {As Rachel} "How can I thank you, you mysterious, black-clad hunk of a night thing?" {As Angel}"No need, little lady, your tears of gratitude are enough for me. You see, I was once a bad-ass vampire, but love and a pesky curse defanged me. Now I'm just a big, fluffy puppy with bad teeth." {Rachel steps closer to Angel; Angel steps back, warding her off with his hands.}"No, not the hair! Never the hair!" {As Rachel} "But there must be some way I can show my appreciation." {As Angel} "No — helping those in need's my job. And working up a load of sexual tension, and prancing away like a magnificent poof is truly thanks enough!" {As Rachel} "I understand. I have a nephew who's gay, so..." {As Angel}"Ah. Say no more. Evil's still afoot... and I'm almost out of that Nancy-boy hair gel that I like so much. Quickly, to the Angel-mobile — AWAY!"

Anything Else I Can Think Of
Band You Should Be Listening To:

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Particularly the album Fever to Tell. 'Date With the Night' has a really good hook, and 'Maps' may be one of the best indie songs I've ever heard.

I Want:
The mail to get here so I can watch either 'Rescue Dawn' or 'The Shawshank Redemption'.

A Video You Need to See:
Oh Jorma <3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

see, I see a large difference between MIB and the BPRD. MIB is sci-fi strictly, they have alien tech and they deal with aliens. that's what makes their world 'weird', and they don't have witches and wizards and crap. BPRD is the exact opposite, dealing with magic and runes and ancient prophecies and stuff. the MIB has a few aliens that are like, covert spies for them, but most of them are harmless, you wouldn't see an alien that could be as destructive as Hellboy getting a pass to stay in the city even if he COULD disguise himself. I just have a very large separation between fantasy and sci-fi. Sure, the concepts are similar, but the practices are quite different. It's like.... one's "no-nonsense" when dealing with aliens. Sure everyone says aliens don't exist blahblahblah, but SCIENCE(tm) hasn't proven that yet. it's all technology based, and the other is all WHEE SPELLS AND MAGICIANS AND ALL TYPE OF WEIRD FAIRY-TALE CREATURES AND DEMONS AND STUFF, there's some science involved, but it's alchemy, the 'magic' science. it's all based on, basically what we in the unfortunately mundane world would call imagination. someone thought all this stuff up, ostensibly, but in Hellboy's world, it's real!

Plus I can't help but defend the film since my father's one of the tenors you hear when the operatic pieces kick in on the score. I love my dad and he's just about the most awesome thing in the world, most of the stuff he does is cool too.(though he's had to do some of that weird Xtian "Jeebus is mah boyfrenn" stuff as he calls it. we forgive him. It's for the money only in that case.)

ANYWAY. yeah. it's not that bad. and at least the vampires and lycans in Underworld are really vampires and lycans. It may not be the ZOMGBESTVAMPIREMOVIEEVAR, but it's not bad enough to be lumped in with the dreck of Twilight, methinks >_>

ALSO I HAVE MORE VAMPIRE SUGGESTIONS.