Thursday, August 20, 2009

"We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all."

Truer words have never been spoken, young Emilio Estevez. Title is from 'The Breakfast Club'.

The Day So Far
The first thing I typed to send to Twitter when I woke up at 8:25 this morning was, "Ugh." I feel that's a pretty good summation of waking up before 9 AM.

I kept dreaming about John Bender, but, you know, that's fine :3

News/Stuff About Celebrities and Movies/Music/TV Shows/etc.
Wizard of Oz is going to be in theatres in HD: http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEwGXFyBmBy6Az

I'm pretty pleased about this. Seeing the first 3 Star Wars movies in theatres when I was a kid was pretty awesome in and of itself, but this will be really really cool :)

Most Recent Movie(s) I've Seen At Home:

'From Hell', directed by The Hughes Brothers, based on the graphic novel by Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell. I loved this movie back in high school, mainly because I was interested in the Jack the Ripper murders {I still am}, but on the rewatch, eh. It's not doing it for me any more, so to speak, and I think I might get rid of it.

Grade: D

'The Breakfast Club', directed by John Hughes. I'd kept hearing this movie was a classic, but never saw it. I watched it yesterday before work, and oh MAN I loved it. Bender is my favourite character, though I liked all of them. The "basket case", Allison, got on my nerves a little in the beginning, but I warmed up to her. I ran out yesterday evening and bought it immediately, along with the third season of 'Dexter'.


Grade: A

Miscellany
Funny Picture(s) I've Found:


Seriously, this is how my mind is most of the time. It's kind of astounding, really. Except add, 'Random trivia about actors/movies/thousands of other quotes and history stuff' to the part about 'Office Space'.

The Song Currently Stuck In My Head:
'Love Will Tear Us Apart' by Joy Division. I really liked the cover by Fall Out Boy for a long time, but now I can't stand to hear anything but the original song.

Hot Guy Of the Day
Judd Nelson as John Bender from 'The Breakfast Club'. I wasn't initially going to put him as my Hot Guy of the Day, but since I dreamed about him, it's appropriate to put him, I think. And I mean, look at that cheeky grin and that hair. Mmmf.


Quote of the Day
-Chandler: "If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies! Kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man!" they'll shout!"

Anything Else I Can Think Of
Band You Should Be Listening To:

The Scissor Sisters. Like, seriously. If you're not listening to them, you HAVE to. I personally recommend 'I Can't Decide', 'Music Is the Victim', 'She's My Man' or 'Kiss You Off'.

I Want:
As a Star Wars fan, I don't know when I've seen anything more beautiful relating to the series. Aside from Han Solo, that is.

A Video You Need to See:
Everyone needs more 'Whose Line' in their lives.

No comments: