Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"Of course you're tense, you rectum-faced pygmy!"

I've heard pygmies are tense. Title is from 'Red Dwarf'.

The Day So Far

Watched a movie, got the mail, going to school in a bit.

News/Stuff About Celebrities and Movies/Music/TV Shows/etc.
Movie News:
The Daily Poll on IMDB is asking, out of the following actors, who we think should be cast as Bilbo Baggins: Ben Barnes {currently playing Dorian Gray in the self-titled movie, and who played Prince Caspian in the 2nd Narnia movie}, Jamie Bell {who was the younger brother in 'Defiance'}, Dominic Cooper {Dakin in 'The History Boys'}, Hugh Dancy {in 'Confessions of a Shopaholic'}, Matthew Goode {Mr. "Did it 35 Minutes Ago" Veidt}, Zac Efron {NO!}, Martin Freeman {main guy in 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'}, James McAvoy, Robert Pattinson {FUCK NO}, Simon Pegg {:D}, Daniel Radcliffe, Jim Sturgess {the main guy in 'Across the Universe'}, David Tennant, Sam Worthington {in 'Terminator: Salvation'} and Anton Yelchin.

Some of these people I could see, since a lot of them are competent actors, but of all of them, Simon Pegg is the only one I could really see playing 33 year old Bilbo. Most of my problems with these others come from the fact that most of them are either too tall or too young. I voted for Simon on the poll and am seeing that James McAvoy is winning, and while I could sort of see why, since he's young and attractive and all these girls want to see everything he's in, but we should go with an actor who could carry the movie and could LOOK the part of a hobbit.

Matthew Goode, David Tennant, Sam Worthington, Anton Yelchin are too tall. Zac Efron, Robert Pattinson...NOOOOOO!!!

Most Recent Movie(s) I've Seen At Home:
'I Could Never Be Your Woman', directed by Amy Hecklering, who also directed the amazing movie 'Clueless'. Not so amazing job with this, though I really wanted to like it. Paul Rudd is so adorable. I couldn't not fall in love with him in this movie. All the actors were good in this, the directing was great, but, as what happens with a lot of movies recently, could have benefited from a major script re-write. I mention this on the newest WPTJEH podcast episode in relation to the 'Bad News Bears' remake, and it's no less true.

Grade: C

Miscellany
Funny Picture(s) I've Found:
Photobucket

This only serves to remind me that 'Supernatural' season 4 is out on DVD today. I know what I'm picking up on the way home from school.

The Song Currently Stuck In My Head:
'Inside of You' by Hoobastank. Possibly one of the most inappropriate songs ever, but I love it so much. It always makes me think of a cerain celebrity, and I don't know why. It's surreal, I know. ;)

Jackie Earle Haley:
I love his jeans in this photo! I don't know how he always manages to get so stylin' all the time.

Hot Guy Of the Day
Paul Rudd

Quote of the Day
"There's something really attractive to me about dudes having fun. And by 'attractive,' I mean, sexually attractive. Like a turn on. I just mean, like, boner inducing hard-ons."- Jorma Taccone

Anything Else I Can Think Of
A Video You Need to See:
If anyone hasn't seen the TV show 'Red Dwarf', you should see it NOW. It's only 8 seasons, but all of them are 6 episodes long, so, you could probably burn through three in less than a day :)


No comments: