Friday, September 11, 2009

"We are on an actual case involving strippers. Finally."

The Day So Far
Mom was supposed to take my computer into her job today to have her friend look at it, but she forgot. I called her and she said she'd come home on a lunch break to get it. Never happened.

HOPEFULLY Monday it will be fixed. Though I keep saying that and it never happens. FFFFF

So, I got a little more caught up on 'Supernatural' season 4.

News/Stuff About Celebrities and Movies/Music/TV Shows/etc.
Movie News:
'Pirates of the Caribbean 4' is being released summer 2011. Now, I'm sure I speak for most people when I ask; do we really need another movie where Johnny Depp stumbles around drunk and unwashed doing a Keith Richards impersonation? I have nothing against him, and want him to get more work, but when the last two movies in the series weren't really that good to begin with {Dead Man's Chest didn't even have a dead man in it!} and the last one needed a who's backstabbing who checklist, WHY do we need more movies?! Just so Disney can make more money? They already have more than the papacy and have more than enough to throw around, especially since they just purchased the rights to Marvel for $4 billion.

Mockery of the Week:
So, McDonald's is showing ads that say "Happy Meals have surprisingly fewer fat and calories than other foods I give my kids." Uhm...what else are you giving your children? Are they eating cake three times a day with french fries and fried rice to go along with it? Considering what some people look like in this country, and some children, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. And you know, they don't even say who has said this, though on the ad, they do invite us to "learn the truth about Happy Meals".

I would like McDonald's to get off their high horse and stop pretending that their foods are healthy and nutritious. No, no they're not. It's fast food, so it is nowhere near healthy or nutritious. Did no one see 'Super Size Me'? Sure, you're not supposed to eat McDonald's every single day, but Morgan Spurlock was proving a point. In 30 days, he gained "gained 24½ lbs. (1¾ stone, 11.1 kg), a 13% body mass increase, a cholesterol level of 230, and experienced mood swings, sexual dysfunction, and liver damage. It took Spurlock fourteen months to lose the weight gained from his experiment."

So, do not try to tell me that your food is even the slightest bit healthy, McDonald's. Just stop the lying.

Miscellany
Funny Picture(s) I've Found:



The Song Currently Stuck In My Head:
'Black Dog' by Led Zeppelin. I haven't listened to the song in awhile, but it just popped up in there. Weird right?

Jackie Earle Haley:
Smug Jackie is smug. Either that or someone just asked him a question that he didn't hear and he's going, "Hmmm?" Either way; great face. Also, I need that scarf 35 minutes ago.

Hot Guy Of the Day
Jorma Taccone.

Quote of the Day
-Jayne: "Dear Diary: Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. {flips page} Today we were kidnapped by hill folk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."

Anything Else I Can Think Of
I Want:

No comments: