Friday, October 23, 2009

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

I think everyone's got boundless hypocrisy in them. They just have to know where to look. Title is from 'Tombstone'.

The Day So Far
I had a dream I was hanging out with the people from 'Friends'. And when I was about to get Chandler's number, we began to be overrun my zombies.

I've been watching 'Fringe' all morning, trying to get to the end of season 1 so I can watch season 2 while it's still available on Hulu.

News/Stuff About Celebrities and Movies/Music/TV Shows/etc.
Actor News:
Soupy Sales died today. He was a comedian who I had never heard of until I started watching 'Friends'. And I'm not sure if my dream was entirely a coincidence or not.

Maybe I've been watching too much 'Fringe'.


Most Recent Movie(s)/TV Show(s) I've Seen At Home:
'Fringe' season 1. Created by J.J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci and starring Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble, Mark Valley, Lance Reddick and Kirk Acevedo. This show has everything that is good about 'The X-Files' and none of its weaknesses. Though a lot of it, you may feel you've seen before, they manage to spin in an entirely new light and make interesting. Though it moves at a slow pace, you feel like you get more in each episode. All the characters are very well written, and it's one of the first shows where I really like all of the main characters. John Noble is hilarious as Walter Bishop, an eccentric scientist who was institutionalized after the death of his lab assistant 17 years ago.

One warning; as with all J.J. Abrams created shows, this will leave you with a million new questions and about twelve answers. There is also a cow.

Grade: A-

Miscellany
Funny Picture(s) I've Found:


The Song Currently Stuck In My Head:
'Pain' by Three Days Grace. It makes me think of Rorschach, and that can't be all bad, right?

Jackie Earle Haley:

Oh, Little Joe. You need to pull the dead poodle off of your head.

This is from 'The Zoo Gang', one of the very worst movies ever made. Seriously, 'Twilight' was better than this dreck. And I never ever thought I would say that.

Hot Guy Of the Day
Brendan Hines


Quote of the Day
-Tobias: "Well, yes, but I'm afraid I prematurely shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run, if you will, so now I'm afraid I have something of a mess on my hands."
-Michael: "There are just so many poorly chosen words in that sentence."

Anything Else I Can Think Of
Band You Should Be Listening To:
Electrelane. Formed in the 1998 in Brighton, England, by Verity Susman {also known as Vera November} and Emma Gaze, they were an alternative rock band who drew influence from Sonic Youth, The Velvet Underground, Neu! and Stereolab. The lead singer, Verity Susman, doesn't have what you'd call a "good" singing voice, in that she's not that good at all, but she's very soulful, and you can't help but like it.

I may be biased because I was told by my friend, who makes music and who likes her voice, that I sound like her when I sing. I suppose that's a good thing.

I Want:
A frozen Mudslide. With some sushi on the side, please.



A Video You Need to See:
Neil Patrick Harris + Batman + a musical number = EPIC AMAZINGNESS



No comments: