Sunday, August 30, 2009

"A new study has found that that the rudest city in Europe is Paris, France. The study was conducted by the Institute of DUH!"

Well DUH! Title is from Conan O'Brien.

The Day So Far

I worked today, 2-6 and then went clothes shopping before my friend Liz came over to watch 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' with me.

News/Stuff About Celebrities and Movies/Music/TV Shows/etc.
Movie News:
-There's already talk of a 3rd 'Halloween' remake. I just...WHY?! The first one was AWFUL! The 3rd one might be in 3-D. Is it so you can see the suck coming right at you?
-Neil Gaiman, awesome writer and such things, has said that "vampire movies should go back to the grave from whence they came". And normally I would disagree since I like vampires, but I am so sick to death of seeing a new teen book about them, and don't even talk to me about 'Twilight' or 'True Blood'. I want to take a nice break from vampires for awhile and focus maybe on werewolves.

Most Recent Movie(s) I've Seen At Home:
Photobucket

'Little Children', directed by Todd Field, based on the book by Tom Perrotta. One of the many movies I've seen this year thanks to my new obsession enjoyment of Jackie Earle Haley as an actor. He, Patrick Wilson and Kate Winslet are amazing in this movie, especially Jackie. He's the only actor I know of, at least that I've personally seen, that can play a child molester/pedophile that can evoke even a modicrum of sympathy, since normally I have nothing but revulsion for those types of people.

This is by far better than the book, which normally doesn't happen, and I've personally seen it about 10 times this year since April.

Grade: A

Miscellany
Funny Picture(s) I've Found:
Again, Kate Beaton is amazing. If you don't understand this, read about Mary Shelley and that summer she and Percy spent at the lake in Geneva with Lord Byron. Incidentally, it was during the Little Ice Age, which is why they were stuck indoors, which is why Mary wrote Frankenstein and why her husband came up with a story about a vampire...a full 79 years before Bram Stoker wrote Dracula.

The Song Currently Stuck In My Head:
'Bulletproof' by Kerli. I originally heard this on a Dan/Rorschach fanmix, but I have really started loving it on its own merits. It made me buy the whole CD. She sounds a lot like Björk on a few of her songs, and that's appealing on its own merits.

Jackie Earle Haley:

I just...I don't even know what I say to this, aside from laughing myself sick. His face KILLS me. I'd like to print this picture out and whenever I actually meet him, I can be like, "WHAT were you doing and WHY don't you do it more often?!"

Hot Guy Of the Day
Alan Tudyk.

Quote of the Day
-Ron Burgundy: "Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention. I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story. I need all of you, to stop what you're doing and listen. Cannonball!"

Anything Else I Can Think Of
A Video You Need to See:
If you liked the video 'Jizz in My Pants', you'll love this:

No comments: