Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"What do you mean we never party anymore? Remember that night we saw all those strippers and you paid me $50 to eat that book?"

I would totally pay money to see someone eat a book. Or at least give them money for the stomach pump. Title is from 'Friends'.

The Day So Far
Watched 'The Breakfast Club' again and am going to go to my only class of the semester at 4:30. I plan to work out after class.

Here's hoping the evening goes well.

News/Stuff About Celebrities and Movies/Music/TV Shows/etc.
Most Recent Movie(s) I've Seen At Home:


'Rescue Dawn' directed by Werner Herzog, based on the experiences of Dieter Dengler, from a documentary 'Little Dieter Needs to Fly'. Like a lot of movies, I'd missed seeing this when it first came out in theatres and so finally saw it last night. Christian Bale and Steve Zahn are two of my favourite actors, so I knew it would be worth my time. It's based on the true experiences of Dieter Dengler and his time spent in a Laotian POW camp in 1965. Unlike most Hollywood versions of such events, it's pretty close to being historically accurate, according to most reports and what I've read about the real people involved.

I will warn you, the movie is pretty depressing and pretty disgusting in a lot of parts.

Grade: B

Miscellany
Funny Picture(s) I've Found:
Kind of racist, but it cracks me up every time.

The Song Currently Stuck In My Head:
'Hold The Line' by Major Lazer featuring Mr. Lexx and Santigold. I'm not usually one for reggae type music, but this is awesome!

You can listen to the song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=558F1EaxH8c

Jackie Earle Haley:

Hot Guy Of the Day
Steve Zahn

Quote of the Day
-Chandler: We still have to assign ‘heads’ to something.
-Joey: OK, we’ll use ducks for ‘heads’ because ducks have heads.
-Chandler: What kind of scary-ass clowns came to your birthday?

Anything Else I Can Think Of
Band You Should Be Listening To:
Animal Collective. One of the weirder bands I've gotten into recently, but they are quite good. The album 'Strawberry Jam' comes highly recommended.

I Want:
An actually good 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' movie. None of this M. Night Shyamalan bullshit with incorrect casting and making the "symbols unreadable". The fuck kind of decision is that?

A Video You Need to See:
This KILLS me every single time I see it.

No comments: