Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"People who burn stuff believe in God, too, Hyde."

If they burn stuff, it must not be true. Title is from 'That 70's Show'.

The Day So Far

I watched 'The Breakfast Club' yet again and spent most of the afternoon reading since I didn't have my computer.

Ben and I worked together and had a big bunch of crazy in the evening -_-

I was going to buy some books, but figured I could save my money, and so came home and watched 'The Last King of Scotland'.

News/Stuff About Celebrities and Movies/Music/TV Shows/etc.
Movie You Should Be Excited About:
'Taking Woodstock'


This is going to be an fabulous ensemble movie; Jeffrey Dean Morgan {JDM}, Paul Dano, Liev Schreiber...among many others. And, if you're a fan of Woodstock, you'll probably know about this anyway.

Movie News:
Apparently, the 'Aliens' franchise is going to be entirely remade. They're redoing all of the movies.

And you know, it's shit like this that pisses me off more than anything. Especially when NEW movies like, oh, I don't know, 'Shutter Island', are pushed back because of "lack of money". If studios have enough money to continually remake GOOD movies and turn them into shitty ones, they should have enough money to promote 'Shutter Island' at least three times over.

And don't even get me started on how mad I am about the 'Fright Night' remake. GOD!

Most Recent Movie(s) I've Seen At Home:
'The Last King of Scotland', directed by Kevin Macdonald, based on the book of the same name by Giles Foden, about the deeds of Ugandan dictator Idi Amin. When I first heard of this movie, the title confused me, since, let's face it, Forest Whitaker is a black man, and I doubted he'd be a King of Scotland any time soon. The title refers to what Amin called himself; "His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular" and he referred to himself as the "Last King of Scotland" in an interview, which you see in the film, because of his love of Scottish culture.

The film is very brutal. It's told through the eyes of a fictional person, played by James McAvoy, but the deeds they say Amin have done {killing 300,000 of his own people, for example} are real. The last half hour of the film or so are especially brutal in particular. Forest Whitaker is terrifying as Amin and brings a scary authenticity to the role.

Grade: A

Miscellany
Funny Picture(s) I've Found:

Yeah, there's really nothing I can say about this that isn't already apparent. Star Wars + season 2 of Project Runway = AWESOME

"I'm a BOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMBBBBB!!!!!!"

The Song Currently Stuck In My Head:
'Breakaway' by Kelly Clarkson. It's a really catchy song, and was brought to my attention through my friend, Erin, who used in a Jackie Earle Haley retrospective video.

Jackie Earle Haley:
Lip biting. Unnng.

Hot Guy Of the Day
Patrick Wilson

Quote of the Day
-White Goodman: "Here at Globo Gym, we realise that "ugliness" and "fatness" are genetic disorders, much like baldness, or necrophilia."

Anything Else I Can Think Of
Band You Should Be Listening To:
The Brazilian Girls. I've been promoting a lot of dance pop or just plain pop on here recently, and that's because it was one of the first genres of music I got into on my own, and one I really really enjoy on a guilty pleasure level.

I Want:
There really needs to be no explanation for why I want this shirt.

A Video You Need to See:
I haven't thought about 'Heroes' in forever, but this is way too hilarious not to share. Also, I hate 'South Park'. No, I will not listen to your pleas to "give it another chance". Not going to happen:

1 comment:

Puina said...

Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Paul Dano and Liev Schreiber in one movie? MUST WATCH!

And of course there's no explanation needed for wanting that shirt. It's awesome and I want it too!

Oh, and what the crap? They're redoing the entire Aliens franchise? I agree, why not use the money to promote new movies? FFFFFFFF