Monday, September 28, 2009

"Hey, free soup!"

Who doesn't like free soup? Title is from 'Firefly'.

The Day So Far
Woke up, showered, had breakfast, talked to Dad about money issues {so many of them}, and did laundry. I will soon be starting on my Math assignments, and will hopefully get as much done as I can before tomorrow, when they're, you know, due.

News/Stuff About Celebrities and Movies/Music/TV Shows/etc.
Movie You Should Be Excited About:
'Legion'


From IMDB.com: "After a terrifying biblical apocalypse descends upon the world, a group of strangers stranded in a remote truck stop diner in the Southwest unwittingly become humanity's last line of defense when they discover the diner's young waitress is pregnant with the messiah."

Okay, so admittedly, in the harsh light of day, this looks less than stellar, but it will probably be a pretty kick ass action movie. And I love anything with supernatural elements in it, and it's got Lucas Black, Paul Bettany and Doug Jones in it, so that will be nice at least :)

Actor News:
Patrick Wilson is joining the cast of 'The A-Team', playing a CIA operative in the film, which also stars Bradley Cooper as Faceman Peck, Sharlto Copely as Howlin' Mad Murodock, Liam Neeson as Hannibal and Quinton Jackson as B.A.. I've never actually seen an episode of 'The A-Team', since it started in 1983, and went off the air the year I was born {1987}, but there's a lot of good actors in it, and so I will probably be seeing the movie.

Most Recent Movie I've Seen in Theatres:

Produced by Peter Jackson and directed by Neill Blomkamp, which is based on his short film 'Alive in Joburg'. Sharlto Copely, in his first film role ever, stars as Wikus Van De Merwe, an MNU operative {Multi-National United} who is called on to help with the eviction of millions of aliens, nicknamed Prawns from District 9, a slum shantytown on the outskirts of Johannesburg, South Africa. Wikus is exposed to something, which has devastating consequences.

This is one of the best alien/sci-fi movies I've seen in a very long time. Sharlto blew me away with his acting. I could not believe this was his first film role ever. He had a small role in 'Alive in Joburg' as a sniper, but that was it. He apparently "stumbled" into the lead role in this. It has some of the best special effects I've ever seen, but when it's handled by Weta Workshop, those responsible for 'Lord of the Rings', 'The Frighteners' and 'King Kong', why are we surprised?

The ending is simply amazing as well. I obviously won't spoil what happens, but it made me cry. Also, another emotion I felt during the movie was disgust. Anything that has fingernails falling off of a person and their teeth coming out just squicks the hell out of me, no matter what it is. But especially when it's torture.

Grade: A

Miscellany
Funny Picture(s) I've Found:

Adams and Franklin. What better duo can you ask for? This is even funnier to me now that I've seen and {finally} finished 'John Adams'.

Answer = Either heroin or a big heaping glass of 'Who the Fuck Cares?'.

The Song Currently Stuck In My Head:
'It's Not the End of the World' by the Lostprophets. It's their new single off of the album, and I fucking love it. I can't wait for them to put out the album.

Jackie Earle Haley:
Finally, the trailer for 'Nightmare on Elm Street' is up:



I personally am very excited for this movie to come out. And I'm not even a fan of the original film.

Hot Guy Of the Day
Misha Collins. Dear. God.


Quote of the Day
-Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?"
-Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Anything Else I Can Think Of
Band You Should Be Listening To:
The Lostprophets. I've liked this band since 10th grade {about 2003}, and while they've gone through many changes {look at their first album and compare it to their most recent one, and you'll see what I mean}, I've been a fan through it all. I actually got to meet them back in 2006, and they were some of the loveliest guys ever.

And here's their new single:




A Video You Need to See:
Lewis Black gives it to doctors:

No comments: