Tuesday, September 29, 2009

If I only could, I'd make a deal with God

Title is from the song 'Running Up That Hill' by Kate Bush {covered by Placebo}

The Day So Far

Woke up, had breakfast, watched a movie.

I'm starting my second week tutoring the kids. This starts the beginning of Megan is going to be firm with these kids, as well.

News/Stuff About Celebrities and Movies/Music/TV Shows/etc.
Movie You Should Be Excited About:
'Daybreakers'


Now, I said earlier that I wanted no more vampire movies/books/etc. for awhile at least, since we're in a deluge of vampire things, but holy shit this movie looks awesome! It's FINALLY doing something I've been wanting to see forever; what would happen if everyone were a vampire or what would happen if the humans began to die off? They kind of tiptoed over this in the movie 'Blade', when Deacon Frost made the plan of turning everyone in the world into a vampire, not really taking into account what would happen to their food supply.

From IMDB.com: "In the year 2019, a plague has transformed most every human into vampires. Faced with a dwindling blood supply, the fractured dominant race plots their survival; meanwhile, a researcher works with a covert band of vamps on a way to save humankind."

Starring: Sam Neill, Willem Dafoe and Ethan Hawke.


Most Recent Movie I've Seen in Theatres:
'The Informant!', starring Matt Damon, Joel McHale, Scott Bakula, Tony Hale and Melanie Lynskey and directed by Steven Soderbergh. It started out well, but kind of...went off into nothing. Damon was very good, and it was a nice change seeing him as an all-American schlub, for lack of a better word, who was more reminiscent of Ned Flanders than of Jason Bourne. The problem I think was that the movie was just very convuluted and it felt like it stopped making sense halfway through. I need to see it again to make sure I fully get it, but for right now, these are my thoughts on it.

Grade: C

Most Recent Movie(s)/TV Show(s) I've Seen At Home:
Photobucket


'Stranger Than Fiction', starring Will Ferrell, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Emma Thompson, Queen Latifah, Tony Hale and Dustin Hoffman. When this movie first came out, I didn't really rush to see it, since I'm not the biggest fan of Will Ferrell. He's pretty hilarious, but after awhile, his constant screaming {see 'Anchorman', 'Step Brothers', trailers for 'Kicking and Screaming' for what I'm talking about} gets old and really irritating. When I finally did see the movie, I was blown away by his acting. He really made me care for his character, and to my surprise, I cried a little. His and everyone else's performances in the film are spot-on. This is one of my favourite movies ever.

Grade: A

Miscellany
Funny Picture(s) I've Found:

New Star Trek + 'The Princess Bride' = FANTASTIC

The Song Currently Stuck In My Head:
'Running Up That Hill' by Placebo. A cover of a Kate Bush song, this is actually as good if not better than the original. Though, non-fans of Placebo may disagree with me.

Jackie Earle Haley:

He kind of looks like his character Big Dave from 'Losin' It' {see above}, but older, in the 'Nightmare on Elm Street' trailer. You know, before he gets horribly burned and dead.

Hot Guy Of the Day
Dominic Monaghan.

Quote of the Day
-Patton Oswalt: "I'd make a Roman Polanski joke, but I'm still hoping for a role in KNIFE IN THE WATER 2: LET'S GET KNIFEY."

Anything Else I Can Think Of
A Video You Need to See:
I totally forgot how creepy these videos are until now.

No comments: