Thursday, December 31, 2009

"I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter."

Everyone should subscribe to my newsletter. Title is from 'The Simpsons'.

The Day So Far
Shoveled the walk and showered. Didn't do much else because it's New Years Eve and fun will be had, after I get out of work at 6.

News/Stuff About Celebrities and Movies/Music/TV Shows/etc.
Actor News:
-Peter Jackson was knighted! He was "made a Knight Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit for his "services to film."

Aww, look at him :)

Patrick Stewart was also knighted for his services in drama.


Two of the greats finally recognised for their amazing talents. It almost makes it better that Mick Jagger is a knight as well.

Almost.

Most Recent Movie(s)/TV Show(s) I've Seen At Home:

'Last of the Mohicans'

Directed by Michael Mann, starring Daniel Day-Lewis, Madeleine Stowe, Wes Studi and Russell Means, based on the book by James Fenimore Cooper. I tried to read the book a few weeks ago, but got side-tracked, and so figured this would be the next best thing. I think I was wrong. It's not a bad movie, and for one that has an "epic" scale to it, it was unexpectedly short {or at least felt like it was}. But, I feel a lot of it could've been better as a whole.

Grade: C

Miscellany
Funny Picture(s) I've Found:
Historical jokes are funny.

The Song Currently Stuck In My Head:
'Uprising' by Muse. One of the best songs on their worst {but still amazingly good} album. How can it be both their worst and still be good? Listen to their 4 other albums in order; 'Showbiz', 'Origin of Symmetry', 'Absolution' and 'Black Holes and Revelations' and then get back to me.


Jackie Earle Haley:
Sorry if I'm cockblocking anyone, but, I can't not show him with Amelia. They are incredibly cute together.

Hot Guy Of the Day
Billy Boyd.
Did you forget how hot he is? You want to watch 'Lord of the Rings' now, don't you?

Quote of the Day
-Cat: "Why don't we drop the defensive shields?"
-Kryten: "An excellent plan, sir, with only two minor drawbacks: One, we don't have any defensive shields and two, we don't have any defensive shields. Now I know technically that's only one drawback, but I thought it was such a big one, it was worth mentioning twice."


Anything Else I Can Think Of
Band You Should Be Listening To:
Patrick Wolf
He's reminiscent of Antony & The Johnsons, but sounds more like a human and less like a sad ghost. I recommend the album 'The Magic Position' as a starting point.

Bluebells, one of his best songs:




No comments: