Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Look, you got a little stabbed the other day. That's bound to make anyone a mite ornery."

I don't know about you, but getting stabbed makes me feel good inside. Title is from 'Firefly'.

General Blogging
I'm still wallowing in money issues, but I'm going to start applying to more places again. I'm going to make myself call them this time. I really don't want to hear something like, "You can check the status of your application online", but it's something I'll have to deal with. This way I can weed out the places I should be working.

News/Stuff About Celebrities and Movies/Music/TV Shows/etc.
Movie You Should Be Excited About:

While I’ve never seen a single episode of ‘The A-Team’, this looks retardedly awesome, and I have to see it. Plus, any excuse to look at shirtless Bradley Cooper is a good one. I also enjoy that Liam Neeson and Sharlto Copley are in it. Particularly that this is Sharlto’s second film.

Directed by: Joe Carnahan
Starring: Bradley Cooper, Liam Neeson, Sharlto Copley, Jessica Biel and Patrick Wilson.

Movie News:
-On Wednesday, the Academy Awards' "visual effects branch announced on Wednesday that the shortlist of 15 movies, released in mid-December, has been whittled down to seven films.

"Avatar" heads the alphabetic list, followed by "District 9," "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," "Star Trek," "Terminator Salvation," "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" and "2012." No longer in contention are: "Angels & Demons," "Coraline," "Disney's A Christmas Carol," "G-Force," "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra," "Sherlock Holmes," "Watchmen" and "Where the Wild Things Are."

Photobucket


Okay. Everyone is creaming themselves over 'Avatar', and I have to say, it deserves the attention it got for the visual effects, but why would you take out other films like 'Watchmen' and 'Where the Wild Things Are'? They have amazing special effects. 'Transformers'? Really? You can't tell what the fuck is going on half the time! 'Star Trek'? I'm sorry, but it's full of lens-flares, and while that's nice, it's not exactly something I would have picked for being nominated for visual effects. 'Terminator: Salvation'? REALLY? It was a good movie, but mediocre in almost every aspect, so why it's on there, I have no idea.

Why 'G-Force' and 'G.I. Joe' were even on this list is beyond me. Same with 'Sherlock Holmes' {What amazing visual effects were in the movie?}, though I liked the movie very much.

I really hope, thought I doubt this will happen, that 'District 9' wins for visual effects. I know it's an incredible long shot, but I am so sick of hearing about 'Avatar' at this point that I don't care

Actor News:
-Peter Sarsgaard is set to be the villain in the upcoming 'Green Lantern' movie. According to this article, he's "in talks to play Dr. Hector Hammond. Here's the first place we're seeing Martin Campbell's Lantern split from the comic book canon. In the comics, Hammond is simply a petty criminal who stumbles on a meteor that all around it with superpowers. He promptly captures some scientists and exposes them to it, and sells all their amazing inventions as his own. Eventually, he became a big-headed superbeing who could enforce his will on others. In the film, Hammond will be a doctor. He's a a brilliant pathologist but seen as an utter failure by his senator father. He discovers a meteor that grants him psychic powers. I'm sure he'll turn those powers to profit, become corrupted, and catch the all-policing eye of Hal Jordan. Then he'll become obsessed with obtaining godlike powers just to defeat Hal Jordan. You can give a man a doctorate, but you can't take away his baser motivations, can you?

Few play brainy evil as well as Sarsgaard, so I think he's a great pick. He certainly adds some dramatic weight to the movie. But it still hinges on Sinestro because whoever they cast now has to outmenace Sarsgaard."

I'm glad he's getting more work. I need more of Peter Sarsgaard in my life.


Miscellany
Funny Picture(s) I've Found:


The Song Currently Stuck In My Head:
'Psalms 40:2' by The Mountain Goats, off of their new album 'The Life of the World to Come'


Jackie Earle Haley:

They're counting down the days until 'Human Target' premieres {This Sunday!}

Hot Guy Of the Day
Jeremy Renner.


He's to the left of the picture. And he's up for an Academy Award for 'The Hurt Locker'. I REALLY hope he gets it.

Quote of the Day
-Sam: "“Kids are the best”? You don't even like kids."
-Dean: "I love kids."
-Sam: "Name three children that you even know." (Dean thinks and Sam begins to walk away. Dean scratches his head)
-Dean: "I'm thinking!"

{I think I know what show I'm going to start watching again soon}

No comments: