Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."

Damn right, sir. Title is from 'Serenity'.

General Blogging
Today will be the day when I start my new job search. This will entail also calling said places I've applied to and trying to see if they've even looked at my damn application.

News/Stuff About Celebrities and Movies/Music/TV Shows/etc.
Movie You Should Be Excited About:
'MacGruber'

I wasn't on board with this until I saw the trailer {except for the fact that Jorma Taccone, one of the many men in my Boys Folder, is directing it}, and now I am 100% on board. I think this and 'The A-Team' will be my action movies to look forward to for this year.

Plus? Val Kilmer as the villain? AWESOME.

Starring: Will Forte, Kristen Wiig, Ryan Phillipe, Val Kilmer, Maya Rudolph and Bill Hader.

Movie News:
I was recently introduced to the graphic novel Scott Pilgrim, and reading it, I was struck by how much I hated the two main characters; Scott Pilgrim and Ramona Flowers. I was assured by Ben that that's acceptable since both of them are total jerks. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the book and then was told by Ben that it was being made into a movie, directed by Edgar Wright, and starring Michael Cera as Scott Pilgrim.

I personally think Jesse Eisenberg could do a much better job as Scott, since he is a better actor and is much less ANNOYING than Michael Cera. Though, seeing this picture makes me think he might do alright:


And if Edgar Wright is directing it, it will be amazing either way. This is the kind of thing where the supporting characters are a lot better than the main ones.

Miscellany
Funny Picture(s) I've Found:

'Watchmen' humour and anything making fun of 'CSI: Miami' is always topical.

The Song Currently Stuck In My Head:
'Fast Car' by Tracy Chapman. It's very old, but I was reintroduced to it the other day, and it's wormed its way into my brain.


Jackie Earle Haley:


Hot Guy Of the Day
Jason Sudeikis.

Pardon me while I have a conniption fit. Jesus Christ. I did not like the 'Riley' sketch that was on 'SNL' on Sunday, but dear GOD Jason looked super fine in it. The glasses are a major part of this, plus his overall hotness, I think.

Quote of the Day
-Jason Sudeikis: "Booble it!"
-Seth Meyers: "I think you mean Google."
-Jason Sudeikis: "I mean you could do that, but Booble's a lot faster."

Anything Else I Can Think Of
A Video You Need to See:
This is old, but it's hilarious. Alec Baldwin slays me, and I kind of love him a lot.

No comments: