Friday, February 3, 2012

I'm always home

Yesterday was the last of my 3 days off in a row. I didn't go to the gym, mostly to give my body a break from it, and had a leisurely day like I usually do. I deposited the rolled coins in my savings account and made a quick stop at CVS to get more mouthwash, some Gummy Bears and some tortilla chips.

Once home, I made dinner for Mom and myself; General Tso's chicken, white rice and sweet potato waffle fries, while we watched 'The Ghost and the Darkness' and 'The Tempest'. Of the two, I liked the former the best, but seeing Chris Cooper's acting in 'The Tempest' was a treat, since he's never done Shakespeare before. He really should do more of it, since he was excellent.

I started The Girl Who Played With Fire last night, and like The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, it's highly engrossing {or so I thought}.

Aside from how leisurely my days have been, I've felt a sense of melancholy creeping up at random times. A lot of it was from today, where I was on the verge of crying twice. Once was when Mom was asking me stuff about John and that ultimately brought up the fact that he's planning on moving back to England at some point. I told my Mom point blank today that if he asked me, I would go with him. I said it like that, and added, "Just to let you know now."

Before we started watching the movies, she pointed out that he would have to get established in the country, since he's never worked there {having moved to the US when he was all of 7 or 8}, and would have to find a place to live, and possibly someone to sponsor him. And that if I wanted to follow suit, I would have to get a visa, find a sponsor myself and work and a place to live before I moved...like most of this didn't cross my mind already. I love my Mom, but I don't know why she thinks I don't think of things on my own. I guess it's hard for her to see me growing up and when she looks at me she still sees me as a young kid, but...yeah.

That stuff and the fact that I think there's something wrong with one of my cats almost made me cry today. I had my cat Seraph on my lap while watching the movies- which sadly doesn't happen a lot because I usually have my computer there or I don't want her on me because she sheds a lot...come to think of it, that's why I rarely have any of the cats on me...I sound like a horrible pet owner...

ANYWAY. I had Seraph on my lap and my hand brushed against something on her left leg at the crook of her...for lack of a better word "elbow". I looked at it...and I have no fucking idea what it might be. Mine and my Mom's and later my Dad's attempts to figure out what it might be resulted in her squalling and yowling in what sounded like pain, and so that got me upset.

I thought it might be a tick that had just embedded itself in her leg, because what I could feel of it feels kind of hard and insect shell-like...but I think a tick would've fallen off by now, since we haven't had any in the house since the summer.

Either way, I should call the vet to see her examined.

Oh! And did I mention that my car is making a kind of squealing noise? I think the serpentine belt is loose again. FML, man.

Work was alright today, aside from a soda bottle exploding during the first ten minutes of my shift. I talked to Liz on the drive home and made more headway in The Girl Who Played With Fire.

No comments: